Monday, May 22, 2006

Pombo hosts Big Oil front group

Washington Monthly has details:
Today the libertarian Competitive Enterprise Institute, creators of an ongoing ad campaign against "global-warming alarmism," ran a briefing for media and Hill staffers on the "collapse" of the Kyoto Protocol out of the House Resource Committee's hearing room. Nice digs. Framed oil paintings of frontier scenes, buffalos, and American Indians on the walls.
Think Progress has more on CEI.
CEI’s general counsel Sam Kazman said, “I think what attracted [Exxon] to us was our position on global warming.” CEI’s position? The Institute believes the dangers of global warming are akin “to that of ‘an alien invasion.’
Pombo. Has. No. Shame.

"An Inconvenient Truth" is coming soon to theatres throughout the Bay Area. I'll be checking it out at the CineArts in Pleasant Hill. I hope you can find time to see it.

2 Comments:

At 12:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't find a place in the Bay Area where An Inconvenient Truth is playing before June 2. Did I misread something?

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger brian said...

Yeah my bad. I updated to "coming soon"...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home