Wednesday, November 08, 2006

My new Congressman...

Jerry McNerney.

Congratulations to Jerry, A.J. and his capable team, Defenders of Wildlife, Sierra Club, the CA-11 "blog team", and most importantly - congratulations to the voters of CA-11.

I was on the East Coast for election night and when I heard the early exit poll results that "corruption and ethics" was the top voter complaint - I smiled wide.

We all have a lot of work to do now. Jerry begins by helping Speaker Pelosi "drain the swamp" then turn to the business of the people rather than special interests.

1 Comments:

At 8:14 AM, Blogger Wes said...

Brian, you are right about the need to keep something going. The attacks on Jerry have begun, as in the Nov. 14 LTE published by the Tracy Press, from which I quote the opening...'Irishman David Ferrety, a former European touring golf professional, wrote a book Somewhere in Ireland, a Village is Missing an Idiot. I believe he has been found and is living in Pleasanton and was just elected to Congress.

I hope that you keep this going. I would also want to refer readers to to a new (maybe not yet ready for prime time) web site http://www.restorethedelta.org/.

This is where a number of important issues will come together and I urge your readers to also read this site and to join in.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home